Introducing to you guys my beautiful and adorable niece and nephew. Baking with kids means that pretty much, they are the ones baking. Show them tons of love in the comment section below! PS. I love how my Indian accent kicked in.
Also sorry for the noise in the background, it was 37 degrees with humidity that day and the AC is super loud.
-2 cups refined flour
-1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
-3/4 ginger powder
-1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp salt
-1 cup unsalted butter. I use Amul butter then there is no need to add salt
– 1 1/4 cup white sugar
– 1/2 cup buttermilk (1/4 cup curd to which 1/4 cup milk has been added)
-2 tsp vanilla essence
-1 cup pumpkin puree
-1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt. Mix it lightly
3. In another bowl combine the butter and sugar. Mix well so everything is incorporated. Add the buttermilk, vanilla, pumpkin and combine. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until dry mixture is just combined. Add in 1 1/2 chocolate chips and mix to combine
4. Grease a 9″ cake pan with oil
5. Pour the mixture into the baking pans and level it out
6. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes and then remove from the oven. Let it cool before turning out from the tin.
Thank you to Bani and Guneet’s Susan Auntie for this home made special Pumpkin Chocolate Cake.